{My House Monday} Our Valentine's Mantle

posted on: Monday, January 24, 2011

This weekend I finally got around to setting up our Valentine's mantle. Disclaimer: ignore the wreath, it is a pain to take down so I decided to just keep it up.

 Okay I decided to go for a more simple design for a mantle. I have been in a HUGE decluttering mood lately, which makes Hunk estastic, and which makes me frantically OCD about any junk in our house.
 Don't you just love the print in the center? I got it here. I ended up going to Costco and printing it off on poster board, then I found an old frame laying around in our basement-gave it a little love from some Krylon white spray paint and VOILA!
 I filled the apothecary jars with  adorable pink marshmallows and  pink chrinkle shred paper from World Market.

I made the rolled rossette ball last year for Easter and I thought it would be perfect for Valentine's Day too. You want a tutorial on how to make one? Go here, you will fall in love with Shelley's blog!

The mercury glass stand that the rosette ball is sitting in is actually a Christmas candle holder from World Market that I got for 90% off. I was like a kid in a candy store!

And the plates. I was hesitant about putting them on the mantle, but when I did I fell in love with how they pulled all the pieces together. They were $2.50 each from the bargain aisle at Target.


And finally, I took two white boas from my Christmas boxes and draped them across the mantle to provide  a nice whimsical touch to my big puffy heart day mantle.

Hope you all have a great day! Don't forget to come back tomorrow...I am going to provide you will a sneak peek on how we decorated our living room with a corner fireplace!

Here's where I link to

17 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! I'm hoping I can get by rear in gear and get mine finished before Feb 14!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I've almost given up on my V-day mantel a few times. I think you may have inspired me to get it finished this morning!

    Thanks for always inspiring. ;)

    Aloha,
    charlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute...and the wreath isn't bad with it either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mantel! I'll be featuring it in my round up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! If you have not stopped by yet, I hope you enter my linky contest for a vie at Best of January and ultimately Best of 2011! Every month prizes are awarded!

    http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/01/strut-your-stuff-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. You pulled everything together with the print in the middle and I love the contrast of the soft boa with the blocky lettering in the frame and on the plates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HEART this mantle. Where did you find the apothecary jars? LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you put crinkle paper in the jars! That is so great! I always think of candy in apothecary jars, but that doesn't translate from year to year, this would be a great way to add color without breaking the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love for you to come link up at Inspire Me Mondays
    http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the look of all these items put together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks adorable! I don't think the marshmellows would last very long in my house though! My kiddos are marshmellow fanatics! I would love for you to link this to my Sew Crafty Party!

    http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/01/sew-crafty-saturday-agape-love-boutique.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this nice sharing. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger