Love Me Self a Good Green Door...

posted on: Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Remember the other day when Sis #2 kidnapped my camera to take engagement photos of Sis #3 and String Bean? Well here are some of the photos from their photoshoot....ohhh, ahhh, photoshoot makes it sound so professional and legit, right?  
Aren't they haaaawwwwtiiieeess?

So let's be honest, okay, actually I just need to be honest. I am illiterate when it comes to Photoshop. BUT I am kind of figuring out how to use Photoshop through the use of  The Pioneer Woman's Photoshop Actions. What? Haven't heard of Ree, check her out, she is hot, and has four kids, and her Marlboro Man reminds me of my...Dad. weird, and awkward...especially when she talks about his Wrangler butt. So, for those of you with Photoshop or Photoshop Elements she has action sets that you can download--for FAREEE. yes, free.

So once I downloaded the sets (yeppers, there is two of them) this is what I did (btdub I have CS4):

-Open photo in Photoshop
-Ctrl J (create a copy of the photo)
-On the right hand side of Photoshop you will see your layers, there should be a background layer and a layer 1
-Click on layer 1 (I wanted to leave the original background layer alone)
-Now, find the Pioneer Woman Action Set 1
>Boost>Play
-Play around with Boost, it is going to ask you to press "OK" quiet a few times, don't worry, just do it!
-When "adjusting the curves" (this window will pop up while pressing "ok" during the boost action) I set my output at 150 and my input at 114. I wanted to create a more bright feel to make the green door pop.
-Then scroll down in the action set and find "Flatten" click it, this means that all the layers are flattened into one layer (it helps to make the file size smaller, without ruining the resolution).
-Now crop the photo.
-Once I cropped the photo, I checked it again to make sure I liked it then I saved it.

I could have had a lot more fun with this picture but Punk is hungry and when the baby wants food the baby gets food!

So have fun my friends, you deserve it! (That's my cheesiness for the day).

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic job on the photos. :) I'm super impressed. I have some photo software that I love, but alas, it isn't photoshop. Still, it helps me to see before and after pics so I can get a vision of what is possible. :) Thanks!
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!!!! I will have to check it out because I have PS E8 and I haven't the slightest on how to use it properly. These photos are UH-mazing! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE me some Pioneer Woman! Have you ever read her and Marlboro Man's story? It's really sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so helpful-i usually stay away from all things photo editing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. completely inspiring...thank you. lol

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger