Chocolate Pudding Pie

posted on: Monday, November 21, 2011


When I was 21 I cooked my first full-blown Thanksgiving dinner. all. by. myself.

I've never had a fear of cooking, it has always been relatively easy-follow the directions, measure the ingredients correctly, and cook at the proper temperature.

Cooking is easy. Baking, no so much.

Even when I follow the directions step-by-step I still manage to ruin cupcakes from the box and Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies from the sleeve.

So even though I managed to cook an entire Thanksgiving dinner by myself, for the sake of all of those eating my food I steered away from making a pumpkin and apple pie.

But every Thanksgiving dinner has to have pie, right?

So over the next few days I will be showcasing my favorite no-bake pie recipes.

Chocolate Pudding Pie


1-5 oz. package chocolate pudding
2 cups cold milk
1-large graham cracker crust
1-8 oz tub of whipped topping
1/4 cup Wilton's melting chocolates

Mix cold milk and pudding.

Once whipped, mix half the tub of whipped topping into the pudding/milk mixture.

Pour filling into graham cracker crust.

Top with remaining whipped topping.

Melt chocolates in microwave. Poor melted chocolates onto the backside of a cookie sheet, allow chocolates to harden.

Once the chocolate has hardened use a metal spatula to scrape the chocolate off the cookie sheet.

The chocolate with begin to "curl."

Once you have a handful of curled chocolates place them on top of the pie.

Freeze for 5-6 hours. Allow to unthaw for 15 minutes.

Serve and enjoy!

Sorry I don't have my own picture....I always make my pies the morning of Thanksgiving and I thought you would want the recipes before the big day--pictures of my lovelies will follow after the event.
Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. Hey Halsey, love the pie, it looks yummy. Hey wanted to give you a tip to make your life way easier. Instead of melting chocolate and then scraping it off the backside of a cookie sheet. Buy a bar of chocolate and use your vegetable peeler to shave off chocolate curls. When you shave the chocolate off the bar, it automatically curls. Its so much easier. Love your blog, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger