10 months.

posted on: Monday, March 18, 2013




What can I say that hasn't been said before--you really are an endless ball of energy and giggles. With each passing month you are growing and learning at such a fast (and alarming) rate. Just yesterday you figured out that with a little effort you could reach in the cupboard and open the cereal boxes by yourself. A trick I suppose you picked up from your brother. And in an effort to not disappoint, you've become an old pro at gliding up the stairs, going down however is still a bit tricky, but you're learning. And if by some divine power you sensed my need for a mid-day break so you decided all on your lonesome that taking a nap was actually serious business and should be had by all every day (momma not included). 

Though not walking, you have begun to tinker with the idea of standing on your own. It's usually short-lived but warrants praises for the entire day. Which usually lead to profuse amounts of kisses and hugs. And your laugh, oh my. It's creepy and funny--all bundled into one. I need to record it because it makes you sound like such an old man, like let-me-give-you-a-lollipop-creepy-kind-of-way. 

I am so happy I am your momma. Each milestone though small is huge in our book and we gush about you and your brother for weeks. I mean, isn't that what parenting is all about anyway? Bragging about your kids until all eyes start rolling. So here I sit, my heart swelling with love for you and I can't help but think that in two short months my little baby girl will be one-year-old. You are my everything.

By the way, I always thought I would marry a ginger. seriously, my track record of ex-boyfriends speaks for itself. Instead I got ginger babies, which in my opinion is way better. Score one for Team Halsey. 

I love you. 
Mom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger